Translate

Monday, December 10, 2012

Second Sunday Of Advent

(Read Scripture)
John 1:6-9, 15-16,19-23

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.
    The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. (John 1:6-10 ESV)
    (John bore witness about him, and cried out, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.’”) For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. (John 1:15-16 ESV)
    And this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, “Who are you?” He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, “I am not the Christ.” And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” And he answered, “No.” So they said to him, “Who are you? We need to give an answer to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?” He said, “I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way of the Lord,’ as the prophet Isaiah said. (John 1:19-23 ESV)

(Light Candles 1 and 2 while the interpretation is read)

Interpretation
Jesus is the Christ, period. This is the testimony of John the Baptist. For all the greatness of John the Baptist; for all the wisdom, powerful work and changed lives – John is clear: don’t confuse me with the one who is much greater than I, Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment