Translate

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Lord's Supper meditation


God Feeds and Nourishes Us Through His Supper
with Special Music

Bread: “When I was a younger man I thought when I would be aged that I would be done with sin. Now as an old man I recognize all the more that sin is as powerful in me today then ever before. That is why I need this cup and this bread. That is why I need Communion. That is why I need a Savior, and that is why I am thankful for what my Savior has done.” 

23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body which is for[b] you. Do this in remembrance of me.”

Cup: Thou hast prepared for me a feast; and though I am unworthy to sit down as guest,
  I wholly rest on the merits of Jesus, and hide myself beneath his righteousness;
When I hear his tender invitation and see his wondrous grace,
I cannot hesitate, but must come to thee in love.

25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment