Translate

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Famous Reformed Baptists #1

John Bunyan (28 November 1628 – 31 August 1688) was an English Christian writer and preacher, famous for writing Pilgrim's Progress. Though he was a Reformed Baptist, in the Church of England he is remembered with a Lesser Festival on 30 August, and on the liturgical calendar of the Episcopal Church (USA) on August 29. Read more at WIKI - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bunyan


The Pilgrim's Progress is arguably one of the most widely known allegories ever written, and has been extensively translated. Protestant missionaries commonly translated it as the first thing after the Bible.

I have a CD dramatization of Pilgrim Progress and if you can get past the language (kind of Old English style) it really is one of the best works of Christian Theology or fiction story telling - ever written!

Feel free to ask for a copy and I'll burn it and give them away!!!!

**My lawyer notified me that giving away free copies of PP is a copyright crime (Evangelism a crime!?)
So instead I will "loan" out my copy of PP book or CD format, if you will promise to travel to the grave of our friend John Bunyan and bury a $20 there. Thanks, I'm sure John will rest better knowing that while evangelism is being stifled - at least his estate is still getting paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment