Translate

Sunday, September 4, 2011

from the diary of James Smith Puritan

Aug 27th, 1857
If some of my congregation knew me better - they would love me less! Yet my Heavenly Father...knows me well, favors me much, and loves me wonderfully!
O how strange - that God should love a worm, a dung-hill worm - one who was bred in sin, felt at home in sin, and at times felt regret that he was debarred from some sins! O if God had left me to myself (if God were an Arminian) - what would I have been, and what would I have done! But by the Grace of God - I am what I am! 1 Corinthians 15:10

Surely, surely, I must say, that divine love and wisdom have planned my path - from first to last. I am... out of Hell, in the Way of Heaven, employed by God, useful to saints, and a blessing to sinners!
O how wonderful, how wonderful is this!


No comments:

Post a Comment