Translate

Saturday, November 26, 2011

reviewing passages on the Creator


    To whom then will you compare me,
        that I should be like him? says the Holy One.
    Lift up your eyes on high and see:
        who created these?
    He who brings out their host by number,
        calling them all by name,
    by the greatness of his might,
        and because he is strong in power
        not one is missing.
    Why do you say, O Jacob,
        and speak, O Israel,
    “My way is hidden from the LORD,
        and my right is disregarded by my God”?
    Have you not known? Have you not heard?
    The LORD is the everlasting God,
        the Creator of the ends of the earth.
    He does not faint or grow weary;
        his understanding is unsearchable.
(Isaiah 40:25-28 ESV)

    “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD,
        “and my servant whom I have chosen,
    that you may know and believe me
        and understand that I am he.
    Before me no god was formed,
        nor shall there be any after me
.
    I, I am the LORD,
        and besides me there is no savior.
    I declared and saved and proclaimed,
        when there was no strange god among you;
        and you are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and I am God.
    Also henceforth I am he;
        there is none who can deliver from my hand;
        I work, and who can turn it back?
    Thus says the LORD,
        your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
    “For your sake I send to Babylon
        and bring them all down as fugitives,
        even the Chaldeans, in the ships in which they rejoice.
    I am the LORD, your Holy One,
        the Creator of Israel, your King.”
(Isaiah 43:10-15 ESV)

    For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.
    Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.
(Romans 1:21-25 ESV)

    On account of these the wrath of God is coming. In these you too once walked, when you were living in them. But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.(Colossians 3:6-10 ESV)

    For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God? And
    “If the righteous is scarcely saved,
        what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?”
    Therefore let those who suffer according to God's will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good.
(1 Peter 4:17-19 ESV)

If you reject the Doctrine of Creation - you reject the very Words of God Himself and you may as well tear all of these Books from you're Bible: Isaiah, Romans, Colossians and 1 Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment