Translate

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

B P Hasty quote

"There was once Modernity (and Fundamentalists) . Then came post-modernity (with their Emergence).

But since I am post-post-modernity I don't just have a meaningful dialogue with people I don't agree with but still embrace; instead I continually argue with American Church-going heretics because I actually do care if they spend Eternity being tortured in Hell, as they deserve."

Repent, and only Cling to (or Trust in) the Gospel, trying to obey the Law cannot and will not Save you.

Remember what God said if you are trying to be Saved by Righteous Living, 
    You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. (Matthew 5:48 ESV)
    
For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin. (Romans 3:20 ESV)

    For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world did not come through the law but through the righteousness of faith. For if it is the adherents of the law who are to be the heirs, faith is null and the promise is void. For the law brings [noting but] wrath, (Romans 4:13-15 ESV)

    But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.
    What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.” But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead.

    I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died. The very commandment that promised life proved to be death to me. For sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me. (Romans 7:6-11 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment