Translate

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Thelogy matters #1 - John Huss

Quote: An Address to His Persecutors and a Prayer to God:

“Alas, drag my poor carcass to death, so that you cannot sin any longer against an innocent victim!" "Leave the mercy or punishment of my soul to Him who is a just judge and not like you unfortunate blind ones. My trust is in the Almighty God and in my Lord Jesus Christ, who has redeemed me and has called me to preach His Gospel to the last breath of life. I fervently hope that he may have mercy upon me and receive me in grace and that he will hand to me the cup of eternal salvation and will never take it from me. I also truly believe that he will hand me this cup today, out of which I shall drink bliss and my salvation in eternity. His blessed name be praised by all!" - John Hus

Martyred (burned alive at the stake) by the Roman Catholic church for preaching against the Crusades & against Buying one's forgiveness of sins, known as Indulgences.

No comments:

Post a Comment