Translate

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Emergent Heresy & the death of Osama Bin Laden

Be warned this is only a parody; although it is rightfully the summation of the Heretical Emergent theology. 
Think Theology doesn't matter - it's matters to those who are in Hell right now.

Rob Bell: Osama Bin Laden is in hell? Really? And you felt compelled to tell people this? I have to say that I think love wins, and this story is so much larger. Remember, Jesus painted blood on the doorposts of the universe and has reconciled ALL things to himself. Imagine the hell Osama has already experienced living in that one million dollar bunker on the border of Pakistan. Now that he is dead, I'm sure he'll choose Jesus. I am sure I will see him in the new creation someday.

Shane Hipps: Who are we to judge. Osama bin Laden had the imago dei, that divine spark. He just chose a different sail with which to catch the wind of God.

Rick Warren: I was looking forward to working with Bin Laden to bring my PEACE plan to Afghanistan and Pakistan. It does not matter what people believe, as long as we can all join hands to accomplish humanitarian goals in that region.

Samir Selmanovic: Osama Bin Laden served the same god I do, even though he called him Allah and worshiped Him by murdering Christians and Jews, whom he calls infidels.

Doug Pagitt: Osama Bin Laden is going to be reconciled and restored to God just like the rest of us.

Shane Claiborne “There are some things worth dying for… but none worth killing for.” Even Osama Bin Laden did not deserve to die. After all, I loved the way he lived so simply hiding in a cave. He also made his own clothes like me. How bad of a guy could he be?

Jay Bakker: Osama Bin Laden was born as a murderer. How can we judge him for doing what he was born to do? After all, if loving his Muslim brothers and sisters meant killing Americans, who are we to judge who and how he loves?

No comments:

Post a Comment