Translate

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Father

The Father, personally so named in Holy Scripture,[1] is from eternity God of Himself and unbegotten,[2] and has by equally eternal generation begotten or filiated the Son from His divine essence,[3] and with the Son by equally eternal spiration spirates the Holy Ghost.[4]
[1]
John 3:35 The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand.
John 5:20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel.
John 15:9 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.
John 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
1Pet. 1:3    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
John 17 (The entire chapter.)
[2]
John 5:26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself.
[3]
2Sam. 7:14 I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son.
Psa. 2:7 I will tell of the decree: The LORD said to me, “You are my Son; today I have begotten you.
[4]
John 15:26 But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.
Matt. 10:20 For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
Gal. 4:6 And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”

No comments:

Post a Comment