Translate

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Unity of God

God is one,[1] inasmuch as He cannot but be what He is; and there never has been, nor is, nor ever will, nor can be, another being like Him.[2]
[1]
Mark 12:29 Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
Mark 12:32 And the scribe said to him, “You are right, Teacher. You have truly said that he is one, and there is no other besides him.
John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
[2]
Deut. 4:35 To you it was shown, that you might know that the LORD is God; there is no other besides him.
Is. 42:8 I am the LORD; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.
Is. 48:11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another.
Ex. 3:14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
Is. 44:6 Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.
Is. 48:12 Listen to me, O Jacob, and Israel, whom I called! I am he; I am the first, and I am the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment