Translate

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Son

The Son is personally,[1] from eternity,[2] the only begotten[3] Son of the Father,[4] very God,[5] and equal with the Father in divine essence[6] and thus in divine attributes[7] and glory,[8] and with the Father from eternity spirates the Holy Ghost.[9]
[1]
Matt. 17:5 He was still speaking when, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.”
John 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
Psa. 2:7 I will tell of the decree: The LORD said to me, “You are my Son; today I have begotten you.
[2]
Mic. 5:2 But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in Israel, whose coming forth is from of old, from ancient days.
John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[3]
John 3:16 For God so loved the world,that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
1John 4:9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him.
[4]
John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side,he has made him known.
[5]
Jer. 23:6 In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely. And this is the name by which he will be called: ‘The LORD is our righteousness.’
John 20:28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” John 1:1-2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.
Psa. 110:1 The LORD says to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.”
1Tim. 3:16 Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.
1John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
[6]
John 10:30 I and the Father are one.
John 14:9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
Cf. texts sub 5.
[7]
John 1:2-3 He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. (Eternal existence, omnipotence.)
Matt. 18:20 For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.
Matt. 28:20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”(Omnipresence.)
Eph. 1:23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all. John 1:18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the
Father’s side,he has made him known.
John 2:25 and needed no one to bear witness about man, for he himself knew what was in man.
Col. 2:3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. (Omniscience.)
Acts 3:14 But you denied the Holy and Righteous One, and asked for a murderer to be granted to you,
[8]
John 5:23 that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.
Phil. 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Heb. 1:6 And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God’s angels worship him.”
John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment